We’re looking for people who…
- Have direct sales experience in the restaurant, bar, or catering and event industry
- Have a guest-focused, friendly approach towards service
- Have a passion for hospitality and providing exceptional guest service
- Want to learn everything possible about Can Can Wonderland
- Are passionate about our social purpose
- Warm personality
- Excellent ethic
- Embody positivity
- Love people
“You will succeed if you have delighted customers. Don’t settle for satisfied.”
– Warren Buffet
The Sales Manager is responsible for seeking out new event business, coordinating & finalizing current booked event business, and for promoting Can Can Wonderland with Local Community Groups, Area Hotels, Destination Companies, Convention & Visitor Associations, Meeting Planners and any other relevant groups to the business through outside sales generating strategies. The Sales Manager will be a lucrative part of the sales team, helps to develop new ideas through current trends, create marketing pieces to increase sales & awareness, work within target markets to increase revenue weekly, be responsible for obtaining & exceeding annual sales goals, and understands one of the most important elements of a successful business include building relationships & creating unique and unforgettable experiences.
Work with Sales Team along with Director of Sales & Events to create promotions to drive business for the unit;
- Participate with Local Community Groups, Corporations, Hotels, Destination Companies, Convention & Visitor Associations, Meeting Planners and other relevant groups to generate banquet and event sales.
- Maintain regular contact with area Hotels’ guest service personnel.
- Maintain contact with local CVB in order to obtain group leads and referrals.
- Participate in professional organizations and association events based on membershipneeds determined for the Unit.
- Report weekly to the Director of Operations, CFO, and Accountant on weekly goals andactivities
- Responsible for cold calls, prospecting new business and appointments, presentations,networking, entertaining and trade show participation.
- Create lucrative sales targets and networks business relations for potential clients.
- Design and implement promotions and programs with local groups based on local trendsin order to solicit group bookings and/or increased foot traffic.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Ensure prompt and friendly service according Can Can Wonderland’s guidelines.
- Provide team members, managers, and guests with a positive experience and atmosphere.
- Ensure positive guest experience by monitoring and ensuring appropriate banquet service
- Ensure proper cash handling procedures are being followed.
- Book parties and events for Can Can Wonderland.
- Obtain all relevant information from event or travel planner and send appropriate menu and merchandise pricing information.
- Assist the event/travel planner with menu and merchandise selection.
- Generate a Banquet Event Order, contracting the event specifications.
- Follow-up with the Event Planner to secure an executed/signed contract and deposit.
- Re-confirm final counts and details forty-eight hours prior to the event.
- Communicate all event details with the sales team to be shared at weekly manager meetings.
- Prior to the event, meet with the Manager on Duty handling the event and/or Chef to ensure a successful function and to ensure all requirements of a particular group are met.
- At least one hour prior to the event, conduct a walk-through of restaurant floor set up with Manager handling the event.
- Greet Meeting Planner upon arrival of group with Manager on Duty/Host handling the event.
- At completion of function, follow up with client for possible future business.
- Assist in collecting funds after departure of group if necessary.
- Sell to service and ad hoc groups calling in as inquiry calls.
- Follow up and service corporate bookings and leads sent by the Corporate Sales Team and submit confirmation in return in a timely manner.
- Maximize unit profitability through proper yield management.
- Knowledge and adherence to all policies and procedures, including standard Sales Operating Procedures, use of Standard Sales Forms and Menus.
Administrative & Reporting Duties
- Type all Sales correspondence including letters, proposals and memos, and send brochures and menus as needed.
- Distribute and file all sales correspondence, copy all correspondence to appropriate management.
- Answer sales phone calls and retrieve voicemail messages promptly.
- Generate a Weekly Sales Activity Report.
- Maintain a Lost Business Log of all bookings not materialized, canceled or rejected due
to restaurant restrictions or space availability, etc. documenting reasons for the cancellation and revenue amount lost.
- Education: Associate’s Degree (two year college or technical school) preferred
- Experience: Two (2) to four (4) years related experience. Minimum five years in the Hospitality/Restaurant industry with management experience in catering and sales.
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel in-area to generate sales more than 50% of the workweek with reliable and presentable transportation.
- Ability to work extended hours including nights and weekends.
- Ability to conduct site inspections.
- Public speaking experience a plus.
- Computer Skills: Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
About Can Can Wonderland
Located in St. Paul’s Hamline Midway neighborhood and the Creative Enterprise Zone, Can Can Wonderland combines art and play along with inventive food, vintage soda fountain, and a full bar to create a one-of-a-kind arts and entertainment immersive environment for people of all ages to enjoy.
What in the world is Can Can Wonderland? It’s a whimsical wonderland of entertaining entertainment perfectly located between Minneapolis and Saint Paul — because we can never play favorites. One step inside and you’ll discover something is definitely different here. Everything.
Step right up to an experience unlike any other. Artist-designed mini golf (indoors!). Vintage arcade games. Delicious eats. Boozy malts. Live performances. Art. Private events. It’s all waiting to amaze. Come on in, let’s have some fun.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can Can Wonderland is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Can Can Wonderland encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, and veteran status.
Actually love going to work.
What’s more fun than playing at Can Can Wonderland? Getting paid to play at Can Can Wonderland!
We heart art.
Want to see your work on our walls or mini golf course? Or maybe you prefer curtain calls.
Friends of Can Can
From in-kind trades to helping us keep the lava pit lights on, we are extremely grateful for the company we keep.